Monday, September 14, 2009

The Next Step, and Subsequent Fall

You remember the recent post on Sean's "Coast to Coast" adventure? Well he's really been getting into this biking thing and what with it being such a healthy hobby I've wanted to support him in it. This is why I didn't protest too much this weekend when he decided he wanted to move to the next level and buy those snazzy clip-in biker shoes. Tonight after work he stepped outside to give his new purchase a try. He wasn't out there very long when I decided it would be wise of me to follow him with my camera. After all, watching him try to ride around with his feet stuck to the petals could end up being pretty entertaining. I stepped out the door expecting to see him inching along the cement hallway outside our door, using the wall to prop himself up. I was wrong. He was cruising along just fine in the parking lot. I was so proud:)



I was somewhat bummed because I'd hoped to catch him 'learning' on camera, but he was already doing so well. "Eh, I'll video him anyway, simply because he's just so cute," I thought to myself. And that is when I got this...


Sean never was one to disappoint me:) PS- Don't be fooled, behind my laughter I really am feeling bad for him.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Ohhh, I love the two of you! The look of disappointment on his face when you told him you got it on video was classic Sean. I know he'll love the clips eventually!

Unknown said...

sean, ive been there before, going down a trail and crashing because i couldnt figure out how to unclip fast enough!

le35 said...

That's a great video Jess. I'm sorry for Sean, but I love how you always laugh first. It's my favorite thing about you I think. You're SO HAPPY!

Lebo Family said...

Ouch! To his hands and his ego. Your not supposed to put it online for all to see. :) I did get a giggle out of it so thanks for sharing.

Danielle said...

Thanks! I needed a good laugh. Leave it to you and Sean to make it happen!

Miller said...

Oh my goodness. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. It was even better the fourth or fifth time watching him trying to get his foot unstuck. Thanks for the laughing tears....

Jeremy Brown said...

looks like it's time to get a helmet too! :) hehehe...

Sharla said...

Glad Sean was okay! That was great. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that was a good inspiration derived from Mr.Gandhi for a unique cause.
Good Work!!
Check out why "I TRULY MISS THE GREAT MAHATMA GANDHI", which I wrote on his recent birth anniversary.
http://paragonist.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-truly-miss-great-mahatma-gandhi.html

Liz said...

"be the change you want to see in the world" and go check out grantpedia.org. This FREE collaborative community database is designed to empower community and non-profit cooperation, and allows viewers to speak up about important concerns and express their ideas for positive change.

Please take the time to check it out. Our community is only as strong as we are.

peace