Saturday, August 8, 2009

Doughnut Falls: Now and Then

Back in high school (NINE years ago!) our group of friends could usually be found in one of three places- in a park, in one of our local Dee's Restaurants, or in the mountains. Today we went back to one of our favorite hikes from back in the day- Doughnut Falls. It was fun to take a trip down that infamous memory lane as we hiked the trail today. Here we are:









I was just thinking how fun it would be if I had some old pictures of our Doughnut Falls adventures, and then I remembered that I DO! The following pictures span both 2001 and 2002. Enjoy!

















Ok, this is not a Doughnut Falls picture, but I couldn't leave it out. This is us camping, another favorite activity of ours. I'm not sure when and where this was taken. Kristin, any ideas?


Left to right: Kristin (Crofoot) Wheelwright, Dale Fairbanks, Trevor (Goss) Goss, Natalie (Tanner) Brown, Ben (Barney) Greenfield, Ali (Chaffin) Olsen, Ben Somsen, Jessie (Chaffin) Smith, and John Hustead. Man we had some fun, didn't we?

5 comments:

Ali said...

Man! that takes me back. We had great times. And now you have to move to PA because you being in the SL Valley is making me home sick. I showed Gabe the younger pictures of you and he said, 'Where's Sean?'

Danielle said...

I LOVE it! That took me down memory lane too! I use to come out to Utah for the summers during high school and my friends and I would always go up to doughnut falls! Ah, Good times!

Miss you guys!

Danielle said...

Oh and i must add that the first pic of you guys is identical to a picture I have of me and a friend when we were up there. I swear it's the exact same spot and everything! Anyway, that's all...

Anonymous said...

Mike proposed to me at Doughnut Falls. It's great place. :)

Kristin said...

You know, I think that was the illegal camp out in Millcreek Canyon over spring break our Senior year. At least we're all wearing the same garb the next morning in the picture I've got framed. :) Also, so you know, it's Ben GreenWOOD and John HustedT. :)